- For longest life, use the coarsest, hardest wheel that will do the job.
- Use a minimum of one horsepower per every inch of wheel diameter.
- Never exceed the recommended RPM for maximum performance and safety.
- Achieve the most efficient cutting rate, complete cuts in two to three seconds per square inch.
- Position materials for the least contact between the wheel and work piece.
- Flanges should be equal diameter, recessed, and at least one third the diameter of the wheel for wheels twelve inches and larger.
- For maximum results, ᴛʏᴘᴇ 27 depressed center wheel should be used at a fifteen to thirty degree angles. Depressed center grinding wheels should never be used flat.
- ᴛʏᴘᴇ 28 wheels should be used at a fifteen degree angle to the work piece.
- ᴛʏᴘᴇ 29 wheels should be used at a ten degree angle to the work piece.